In case you were on vacation in August or just spending some quality time away from the computer, Lincoln Center Institute (LCI) would like to remind you that comprehensive video footage of America’s Imagination Summit, the major event we hosted here in New York City on July 21-22, is available online.
The high-profile Summit was the capstone of LCI’s two-year, national Imagination Conversations initiative. Nearly 200 influencers in education, government, business, science, the arts, and other fields came together to address a pressing question: How can we make the development of imagination, creativity, and innovation—essential skills in today’s world—a central part of American school curricula? The proceedings were streamed live to thousands of viewers.
Among the eminent speakers and panelists who appeared onstage at Lincoln Center were:
- Kiran Bir Sethi, founder of Design for Change;
- Sandra Chapman, chief director of the Center for BrainHealth at the University of Texas at Dallas;
- physician and author Deepak Chopra;
- John Deasy, superintendent of the Los Angeles Unified School District;
- Vice Admiral Michael Miller, superintendent of the U.S. Naval Academy;
- Sir Ken Robinson, renowned speaker on creativity in education;
- Bruce Vaughn, chief creative executive of Walt Disney Imagineering;
- General Charles Wald, former deputy commander of the U.S. European Command; and
- Deborah Wince-Smith, president and CEO of the Council on Competitiveness.
LCI invites you to watch this collection of provocative presentations and discussions, and to join the new coalition devoted to giving our students the 21st-century educations they urgently need.
Filed under: Announcement Tagged: | 21st century skills, America's Imagination Summit, Bruce Vaughn, Center for BrainHealth, Council on Competitiveness, creativity, Deborah Wince-Smith, Deepak Chopra, Design for Change, General Charles Wald, imagination, imagination conversations, innovation, John Deasy, Kiran Bir Sethi, Lincoln Center, Lincoln Center Institute, Livestream, Los Angeles Unified School District, Newswire, Sandra Chapman, Sir Ken Robinson, U.S. European Command, U.S. Naval Academy, University of Texas at Dallas, Vice Admiral Michael Miller, Walt Disney Imagineering